We are pleased to announce that parents who send their children to Ballydehob Community Playgroup are able to avail of the following:
ECCE SCHEME (Early Childhood Care and Education)
Children in their preschool years are eligible for a free 3hr session, 5 days a week for 38 weeks.
CETS SCHEME (Childcare Employment Training Support)
Financial support is given to the playgroup service for those attending a FAS training course, or an educational programme administered by the Vocational Education Committee (VEC), to subsidise the cost of childcare.
CCS SCHEME (Community Childcare Subvention scheme)
This programme supports parents or guardians who qualify for subvention. It also provides support for those in low paid employment, or on training and education programmes. This enables qualifying parents to avail of reduced childcare costs.
The Subvention bands are as follows:
No medical card required
- Widows Pension
- One Parent Family
- Pre-retirement Allowance
- Farm Assist
- State Pension
- Blind Pension
- Guardian’s Payment
- Illness / Injury Payment
- Disability Allowance
- Back to Work / Education Allowance
- Community Employment
- Domiciliary Care Allowance
- Family Income Support
- Secondary School students
- Invalid Pension
- Disablement Pension
- HSE Referals
With Medical Card
- Job Seekers Benefit / Allowance
- Supplementary Welfare Allowance
- Part-time Job Incentive Scheme
- Medical Card
- GP Visit Card
- Parents who are in receipt of social welfare payments listed under Band A/AJ but have no medical card.
- Parents who no longer qualify for Band A/AJ this year but who were verified as being on Band A/AJ at the end of the previous school.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Call 028 37771 to enrol your child. Early enrolment is recommended as grant applications for the ECCE and CCS schemes are submitted in September each academic year.
Please note: Whilst we’ll endeavour to keep the above up to date the criteria will change from time to time dependent on government policy.